Mode of operation
A pneumatic needle with diamond tip inserted into the workpiece is drawn over the material. This kind of marking is suitable for all unhardened materials such as Steel, aluminum, plastic etc. The system is characterised by its low noise level (less than 70 dB (A).
With stylus marking systems most of the times a needle with a diamond tip is used. Alternatively a carbide needle can be used. With the help of a stepper motor controlled coordinates unit, the pneumatically lined needle is drawn over the surface according to the lettering predetermined by the control system and engraves thereby the characters and symbols in the workpiece through crowding and compressing the material. Within the writing field you can engrave any text, logos, symbols, special characters and Data Matrix codes of your preference. The penetration depth depends on the material of the workpiece, the workpiece surface, the pressure of the needle and the needle tip angle. Through the very compact design you can also engrave contours which are difficult to reach. This system can be used as a mounting unit for integration into systems, robotic cells and production lines as well as a table machine.
- Housing made from high strength aluminium
- Coordinates unit made from hardened and ground THK-guides with roller bearing slides
- Drive of the coordinates unit through a ball screw spindle free from backlash with a step or servo motors
- Marking data via keyboard, bar code scanner or an interface (e.g. RS485, Interbus, Profibus) to a superordinated computer
- Control and visualization depending on the requirements using a PC of the newest generation or a compact control system
- Software with fault diagnosis and help file.
Examples of fields of application
- As VIN Marker to engrave the chassis plate number in coated or uncoated car bodies
- Product labelling according to customer specifications
- Marking from type plates.